5 signs that indicate your computer has been hacked
You might be heard through media “ my mail account or social networking page has been hacked”. Hackers are mainly finding a new way out, to harass other people, to steal information or to destroy their reputation. While we cannot deny the fact that hackers are doing such things with bad intention and you will find in this world, there is a small percentage of the hacker community. Hackers find out new ways to use computers and they create such difficult programs no one other can conceive. They are so talented, they can build applications to the operating system. a hacker employs various techniques to find out the weaknesses in the computer and they exploit them. Hackers can hack for different reasons such as to earn profit or for the challenge.
Now let us have a look the reason why people intent to hack other computers.
- Just for fun – Some youngsters for fun want just to prove that they can hack computers. Such people are interested using various skills and find a way to breach system than doing anything malicious. A teen hackers once said in an interview he was interested in getting into the system and he wasn’t interested in accessing information.
- To make a statement –There are hackers who breach system to make a political statement or to access information from government sites. They use cyber attacks and they target corporate sectors also.
- For criminal activities – hackers are popular using their skills for criminal activities. They break into some other computer and take control of it. This helps him to access password and collect financial information, so that he could use to defraud the person.
Now here are given some signs that will indicate your computer has been hacked.
- New programs getting installed – In some cases, you may notice new programs installed in your computer and this could be an indication, your computer has been hacked. When you have installed plugins or other free programs, a new program may have come with it. This situation is quite common while installing antivirus or a new toolbar on your computer. Backdoor’s and Trojans may appear after your computer getting hacked. Such programs help hackers to gain information from your computer. Spyware and malware are also indication of hackers.
- Pop up of fake antivirus message – If you have ever noticed a fake antivirus message pop up on your computer screen, you must be careful, it is the surest sign that your system has been hacked. Most people don’t realize it and it becomes too late the virus would exploit your system completely. Clicking on a link will make you reach to a professional looking site with glowing letters of recommendation. Then they would ask you for your credit card number and there are people who provide financial information. Thus, the hackers will get complete control of your system and financial information. If you ever notice such warning message, boot the computer in safe mode and uninstall the newly installed software.
- Login password got changed – most time when your account gets hacked they will change the password. If you ever notice the password changed logging into your account, its is a sign of hacking. Reset the password, and if your email address has changed, contact the company, only they can help you out reset the password.
- Losing control of your computer – when someone is trying to control your computer remotely, it means your system has been hacked. For example, the mouse cursor can move itself or it can type itself. It happens when someone else controlling your system and it indicates hacking. If the computer dial internet on its own and if you are not able to identify the program that needs internet access, this indicates of hacked computer.
- Internet search getting redirected – there are many hackers make their living by redirecting browsers and the hackers get paid when you click on someone’s else website. Many redirected internet searches are hidden from users by the use of additional proxies. If you notice any such activities, it shows the sign of your PC being hacked. You must immediately remove the bogus toolbar and get rid of malicious redirection.