8 common mistakes people do purchasing a digital camera
Purchasing a digital camera mainly depends up on the money you have in your pocket. A new expensive digital camera will make possible of taking shots of beautiful scenery and marriage photos. If you love travelling lot, visiting different countries, you might have made up your mind purchasing the latest expensive digital camera. Potential buyers would do research before shopping such products. In addition to that, now people search both online and retail store price for comparison before taking a decision. You will find many people investing in a digital camera but they don’t make the best use of such gadgets properly. You must learn different ways possible taking pictures and capturing video, but no one tends to do that other than a professional photographer. Here are some common mistakes new digital camera buyers do.
- Purchasing camera packed with more features – once decided to purchase a digital camera, mainly people do similar mistakes. They purchase a camera beyond what they really need. Consider the type of photography the buyer intends to take and what experience he holds handling different features of the camera. For portability, buy a small size camera and if interested to take action shots, spend more money for large lens. If you know how to use certain features, consider buying the type of camera you need with the features instead investing more. There are hundred models of digital cameras available, read reviews and specification before making a choice.
- Purchasing a camera with lots of megapixel – one of the main feature sellers uses to sell a digital camera is how many megapixel it has. Earlier megapixel rating of camera was important, but now most new camera features at least 5 megapixel. Too many mega pixels is actually not needed because large image needs great amount of storage space. Printing a normal size image, the only 4 megapixel is required. It is really wastage of paying extra money, something you really doesn’t need.
- Forgetting buying other needed accessories – it is a common mistake many people do. There are a variety of other accessories needed such as a camera case, memory card, lens, recharger, reflectors, filters and many more. Sometimes you will get a camera with some accessories but you will be required to pay more for extra lens and attachments. Ask the retail store what all things are offered in the bundle. You can also save cash if you use accessories of previous digital camera if it is compatible with the new one.
- Giving more importance on digital zoom – in different models of camera, the zoom is referred in two ways: digital zoom and optical zoom. Consider buying a camera with optical zoom. Not all types of zooms are created in an equal way. Digital zoom enlarges the pixel making the image look bigger, which results taking the grainy picture.
- Buying DSLR instead of point and shoot – now digital SLR is becoming more affordable, but it doesn’t mean they are useful for everyone. They are bigger, heavier and complicated to operate. They can be used for taking vivid pictures and they are packed with lots of features and functions. Not every person needs, such type of camera.
- Not searching for the best price – before buying an expensive gadget, you must do research. You may ask some of your friends who handles with the camera usually and who has knowledge about the useful and latest features and models available. Read reviews online to narrow down choices and go through the website that offers expert reviews by users. Once decided with a model, many people hurry to the retail store and buy the model they need without comparing prices. You must find best price through online and research. You must find the best camera for the money you are investing.
- Forgetting to learn the gadget – people are ready to spend money on new digital camera and accessories, but they don’t spend time reading user manual. A little knowledge about the equipment will help you take improve your photography skill. You must take time to learn about the equipment.
- Forgetting to take prints – people who buy digital camera never consider the idea of making a backup copy of the images. Once there is no space, taking new photos, you will delete earlier pictures. So make prints of pictures.